The Confined Space for Managers Course will provide an in-depth understanding of the legislation, elements of a Safe System of Work, equipment selection and inspection, risk assessment, method statements and emergency procedures. 'Managing the risk during confined space training' includes:
- Legislation & Code of Practice
- Classification & Recognition
- Risk Assessment
- Safe Systems of Work
- Utilising Permits to Work
- Confined Space Equipment
- Atmospheric Monitoring
- Emergency Planning
- Understand Confined Space and the associated legislation
- Understand the different types of gaseous atmosphere and gas monitoring equipment
- Develop a of Safe Systems of Work including Permit-to-Work Control Measures
- Distinguish what type of Personal Protection & Hygiene controls are required
- Note what training is required for staff and contractors
- Understand the importance of documentation and records
Candidates are advised that this course involves group workshops on planning a confined space entry.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for those that need to gain knowledge and skills required to manage and supervise work in confined spaces.
Certification & Assessment
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a Holland Certificate in Managing Work in Confined Spaces.
To be successful delegates must pass
- Written Assessment (40%)
- Practical Workshops (60%)