The recent Government guidance document – Return to Work Safely Protocol, COVID-19 Specific National Protocol for Employers and Workers, states that First Aid Responders in the workplace should be provided with updated training on infection prevention and control principles including a performance of hand hygiene and appropriate use of personal protective equipment when delivering first aid.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed as a supplementary module for all First Aid Responders in the workplace.
Upon completion of the course, attendees will have a greater awareness of the following:
- Understanding infection, its origins and how it spreads
- Describing why hand hygiene is important
- Demonstrating correct hand washing technique
- Understanding the importance of respiratory/cough etiquette
- Demonstrating the correct technique for donning & doffing first aid PPE
- Resuscitation Guidelines during Covid-19
- Body substance isolation & dealing with spillages
- Cleaning, decontamination & disposal
Certification & Assessment
All participants will undergo verbal questions and answers session on completion of the course.
Delegates who successfully complete this course will receive Holland Safety Certification
- Three hours of live virtual classroom sessions
- Please note this programme is fully online