Workplace ergonomics have come to the forefront in the last few years as a primary concern for both employers and employees with a rise in occupational health illnesses such as Repetitive Strain Injury and Defective Vision becoming a rising risk as development and demands placed upon workplaces by improvements in technology.
Employer’s have a legal duty to assess the risk that poor ergonomics (including the use of Display Screen Equipment / Visual Display Units) poses in their workplaces. Where a risk is identified the employer must undertake to either eliminate or otherwise mitigate that risk by assessing the risk and putting in place control measures.
- Individual work-station or desktop ergonomic assessment including lighting, posture, space, etc.
- Identify adjustments that should be made for users at each work-station
- Compliance with the legal requirements for DSE/VDU and Ergonomics
Advantages offered by DSE/VDU Ergonomic Assessment include:
- Reduce risk of personal injury claims
- Reduce the risk of resultant absenteeism
- Increase productivity of staff through implementation of ergonomics
Get in touch
If you would like to discuss your workplace’s audit needs or would like more information, you can speak to one of our consultants by calling our office at 01 401 9600 or by sending a Quick Enquiry using the form above.
For any further information please call or e-mail us.