This Confined Space Rescue training course allows participants carry out a team rescue from a confined space location. The course includes theory and practical training and looks at assessment of the incident location, preparation for a rescue and retrieval of the casualty. Competency assessment includes a team rescue practical exercise.
- Legislation and Code of Practice relevant to Confined Space Rescue
- Methods of Communication
- Safe Systems of Work
- Recap on the use of portable gas monitoring equipment
- Recap on Full Breathing Apparatus bench checks
- Calculating the working duration of different cylinders
- Understanding the role of a BA Controller
- Equipment required for a rescue team
- Emergency Procedure Plan including the requirements of a rescue team
- Emergency procedures and Rescue techniques
- Emergency CPR and First Aid resuscitation equipment
Who Should Attend
Persons who have successfully completed our CS05 confined space training course (or equivalent) and may be required to enter a confined space to carry out the rescue of a casualty or casualties.
Certification & Assessment
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a Holland Academy certificate in Confined Space Rescue.
To be successful delegates must pass
- Written Assessment (40%)
- Practical Assessment (60%)
- Quickly and efficiently assess a confined space incident area
- Plan and set up for a team rescue
- Safely rescue a casualty from a confined space
- Understand the requirement for resuscitation and use of first aid equipment
Course participants should bring suitable PPE (hi visibility vest, hard hat, safety boots, kneepads).