Who Should Attend
This course is aimed at those who need to operate abrasive wheel tools and equipment safely in the workplace including: Con Saw, Circular Saw, Angle Grinder and Bench Grinder.
Certification & Assessment
Compliance is key when it comes to abrasive wheels training and all user activity is recorded. Our Learning Management System (LMS) allows your HR or management team to identify non-compliance.
Learners who successfully complete all modules of the programme and the end of course assessment will receive a Holland Safety Certificate. The Abrasive Wheels Certificate will include the Learner’s name, course details, date of completion and certificate expiry date.
The downloadable PDF Certificate is valid for 3 years and it contains a unique Customer Number ensuring full traceability and verification.
The course contains 10 Multiple-Choice Questions of which you must achieve a 60% grade.
Training takes approximately 35 minutes at user’s own pace.
This gives unique flexibility to the individual or company. From the date of purchase, we have no time restriction, this allows for more workability in a busy individual or company’s schedule.
- Unit 1 – Regulation and Legislation
- Unit 2 – Hazards
- Unit 3 – Personal Protective Equipment
- Unit 4 – Markings
- Unit 5 – Safe use of Abrasive Wheel Machines
- Unit 6 – Inspections
- Unit 7 – Dressing & Truing
- Understand the legislation regarding Abrasive Wheels
- Be aware of the hazards associated with the use of Abrasive Wheels
- Identify and select the correct Personal Protective Equipment
- Understand the correct markings on wheels
- Understand the safe use of Abrasive Wheel Machines
- Understand how to correctly inspect Abrasive Wheels and Machines
- Understand the importance of dressing and truing of Abrasive Wheels