Holland Consulting have extensive experience in construction health and safety and offer PSCS services to help you fulfil your safety, health and welfare responsibilities no matter how big or small your project is.
What is the role of PSCS?
The role of the project supervisor construction stage is to manage and co-ordinate health and safety matters during the construction stage of a project. The project supervisor construction stage is appointed before the construction work begins and remains in that position until all construction work on the project is completed.
Project Supervisor for Construction Stage (PSCS) is a role which is legally required to be fulfilled on construction projects in Ireland under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013.
Under these regulations, the PSCS is legally obligated to complete a number of duties with regard to safety, health and welfare such as identification of potential hazards, organisation of co-operation between sub-contractors, preparation of a written Construction Stage Health and Safety Plan and appointment of a Safety Advisor where more than 100 persons are employed on site.
When PSCS Person must be appointed?
A PSCS must be appointed where there is more than one contractor on site, where a particular risk is identified, where the work will last more than 30 working days or 500 person-days.
The PSCS must be appointed before the start of any construction on the project. This is to make sure that the Safety and Health Plan can be properly formulated before work begins. The timely appointment of the PSCS will allow to prepare the plan to ensure that no work will take place on the site before adequate safety measures have been identified and put in place.
Holland Consulting can act as the Project Supervisor Construction Stage or the Health & Safety Co-Ordinator for your construction project and will carry out the following duties:
- Development of Construction Stage Health and Safety Plans.
- Identification and Assessment of on-site hazards.
- Communication and monitoring of safety management with regard to sub-contractors.
- Preparation and maintenance of a Project Safety file.
- Completion of all legally required notifications.
- Co-ordination of Accident Reporting and Investigation.
- Issuance of required directives to Designers, Contractors and others.
Advantages of our PSCS Services:
- Ensures full compliance with legal obligations.
- Reduces risk of costly claims and prosecution.
- Improves efficiency and reduces risk of accidents.
Get in touch
If you would like to discuss your workplace’s audit needs or would like more information, you can speak to one of our consultants by calling our office at 01 401 9600 or by sending a Quick Enquiry using the form above.