This Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP) Course aims to give participants the knowledge and skills to prepare a Preliminary Health and Safety Plan for a construction project. Participants gain the skills to undertake the role and gain the competence to carry out the relevant duties.
The Project Supervisor for the design process must be appointed in writing before design work commences to ensure effectiveness in addressing and co-ordinating safety and health matters from commencement of project design.
Working from our purposely designed template, incorporating a range of disciplines including civil, mechanical and electrical activities, participants are required to develop a Preliminary Health and Safety Plan as part of the assessment process.
Who Should Attend
Engineers, Architects, Designers, Contractors, Safety Professionals and those requiring knowledge of the PSDP role and its statutory responsibilities.
- Overview of appliable Irish legislation and construction regulations
- Duties of the Project Supervisor Design Process
- Duties of Clients, Designers and Contractors
- Identify hazards arising from the design, technical, organisational, planning or time related aspects of a project
- Identify ways to eliminate hazards and reduce risks through Design Risk Assessment
- Communicate necessary control measures, design assumptions and remaining risks to the PSCS in the Preliminary Health and Safety Plan
- Organise cooperation between designers
- Gain an overview of temporary works design
- Prepare a Preliminary Health and Safety Plan for a project
- Understand the contents of a safety file for a completed project
- Understand the role of the PSDP
- Identify the design hazards involved in a construction project
- Understand how to coordinate the design team
- Know how to assemble a Safety File
- Prepare a Preliminary Health & Safety Plan
Certification & Assessment
- Written theory exam based on the course content
- Preparation of a preliminary Health and Safety Plan based on a case study
On successful completion of both assessments, participants will receive an Internationally recognised IOSH PSDP Certificate
What is the duration of the course?
This is a 2-day course which can be delivered in 3 convenient formats:
- Holland Safety Training Centre
- At your premises
- Via Instructor led Webinar
You Might Also Like
|Buy a Seat
|Only 3 left