IOSH Safety, Health & Environment for Construction Site Managers, which is replacing their Managing Safely in Construction course, is aimed at anyone who oversees or manages safety, health and environmental risks associated with construction activities.
The course equips construction site managers with the tools necessary to meet their responsibilities and to recognise the opportunities that a clear focus on safety, health and the environment can deliver.
The course provides a step-by-step guide to understanding and managing the risks and is an ideal course for construction site managers and foremen who want to gain knowledge and build competency in construction safety and for anyone who oversees or manages safety, health and environmental risks associated with construction activities.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for anyone who oversees or manages safety, health and environmental risks associated with construction activities including foremen and construction managers.
- Assess and control risks on site to both workers and the public
- Understand relevant health, safety & environmental legislation / codes of practice / information and guidance on compliance
- Have an understanding of legal duties and management responsibility
- Understand list of duties and responsibilities of Employees, Clients, Designers, Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Have an understanding of Risk Assessment and Control, Active Monitoring and Re-Active Monitoring
- Be able to select workplace precautions, relative to the hazards and record results of risk assessments and carry out reviews
- Reporting accidents and incidents and distinguish between accidents, incidents and near misses and statutory requirement for reporting and recording
- Relevant regulations & legislation
- Site preparation
- Management of the site, workers and contractors including for example:
- the importance of method statements
- the use of permits to work.
- The importance of managing environmental aspects and impacts related to construction projects
- Roles and responsibilities under the Construction Regs.
- The key issues surrounding control of hazards on site
- Site requirements for the welfare of construction workers on site
Certification & Assessment
|Start date||Days||End date||Location||Delivery Method||Places||Buy a Seat|