Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP)
Holland Consulting has extensive experience in construction health and safety and offer PSDP services to help you fulfil your safety, health and welfare responsibilities no matter how big or small your project is.
Project Supervisor for Design Stage (PSDP) is a role that must be fulfilled at the design stage of construction projects in Ireland to comply with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013. This is to ensure effectiveness in addressing and co-ordinating safety and health matters from the very early stages of a project. A PSDP is legally obliged to complete a number of duties regarding safety, health and welfare such as:
- Identifying potential hazards
- Promoting safety in the project design
- Preparing a written Preliminary Health and Safety Plan and Safety File
A PSDP must be appointed where there is more than one contractor on-site, where a particular risk is identified, where the work will last more than 30 working days or 500 person-days.
Holland Consulting can act as the Project Supervisor Design Process or the Health & Safety Co-Ordinator for your construction project and will carry out the following duties:
- Identification of hazards arising from the design or from the technical, organisational, planning or time-related aspects of the project.
- Where possible, elimination of hazards or reduction the risks.
- Communication with the PSCS regarding necessary control measure, design assumptions or remaining risks so they can be dealt with in the safety and health plan.
- Coordination of the work of designers to ensure safety.
- Organisation of co-operation between designers.
- Preparation of a Preliminary Safety and Health Plan for the project where construction will take more than 500 person-days or 30 working days or there is a particular risk.
- Preparation of a safety file for the completed structure.
- Notifications to the HSA.
Advantages of our PSDP Services:
- Ensures full compliance with legal obligations.
- Reduces risk of costly claims and prosecution.
- Improves efficiency and reduces risk of accidents