The purpose of this QQI Award is to provide people with the key information necessary to promote health and safety within their organisation on a day-to-day basis.
- Duties of the Employer and Employees
- Role and Function of the Health and Safety Authority
- Safety Statements
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Accident Causation and Prevention Strategies
- Emergency and Accident Procedures and Reporting.
- First Aid Kits
- Workplace Absence Reporting
- Risk Factors
- Fire Hazards and Fire Prevention
- Manual Handing.
- Mechanical and Electrical Equipment hazards and risks
- Noise and Air borne particle hazards and risks
- Hazardous Materials
- Factors contributing to health
- Occupational Health Risk Factors.
- Exercise and Diet promotion
- Safety Signage
- Personnel Protective Equipment
- Communication and Training Roles for Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Promotion in the Workplace.
Some personal learning / study time will be required from participants. Programme packs, Assessment Briefs will be provided as a part of the training.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for people with health and safety responsibilities in the workplace who require skills and knowledge to promote and maintain safety and health in the working environment.
Certification & Assessment
To be successful delegates must pass
- Assignments (60%)
- Theory Examination (40%)